Joining CCC is as easy as 1..2..3...
1. Meet the requirements
- Handlers must be at least 18 years of age
- Dogs must be at least 1 year old and non-aggressive
- Dogs either need to attend a standard 6-8 week obedience course OR have earned a Canine Good Citizen title from the AKC
- Dogs must be current on vaccinations and dog license
- Handlers must provide criminal and child abuse background checks
- Handlers must attend a CCC orientation
2. Attend an orientation
This can be completed either in-person or on the phone/online.
Orientations are a chance for us to tell you about the organization, share a video of a dog going through the certification test, and provide details about what happens after you become a member.
Orientations take approximately 30 minutes.
Click here for our calendar of upcoming in-person orientations or click here to register for an online/phone orientation.
3. Attend & pass a certification exam
All required documentation must be received prior to your evaluation date.
- The evaluation is in two parts, temperament and obedience, and lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- No pinch, prong, head halters or e-collars will be permitting during the evaluation or on visits.
- No treats are permitted during the test.